Thursday 14 February 2013

Lights, Camera, Poltergeist by Nell Dixon


As the presenter for Ghost Uk, the leading TV show investigating paranormal activity, Fae thought she’d seen it all. Until a Valentine’s Eve live show from Scotland’s Fingelly Manor upsets both her preconceptions and her love life.

The last place any of the TV crew wants to be on Valentine’s Eve is a haunted house. However, Fae and her crew have a show to produce and a mystery to solve.  If you’ve ever watched and enjoyed the UK TV show, Most Haunted, then you’ll enjoy this short but sweet read. There are some great nods to familiar characters from the show and also an enlightening look at the production of a live TV show.
Lights, Camera, Poltergeist is a fun read, with a real touch of spookiness. I found the characters in the story very likeable and enjoyed the ghost story element, very much. There was definitely more than one shiver down my spine, as I read the book.  I felt that Ms Dixon displayed a talent for adding a great atmosphere to the story and placed the reader right at the heart of the action. If you are able, I would recommend that you read this story by candle light to enjoy the full ghostly effects.
 
Honey Bee Reviews says; Put the kettle on and grab this book. 
 
Excerpt: 

Fae snuggled down deeper into the chunky knitted roll neck of her sweater and wished she could shake off the eerie sensations. She puffed out a sigh and watched her breath condense in the air before her face. It wasn’t only the room that was chilly. The relationship between herself and John had taken on a distinctly frosty tinge lately too.
She strolled across the room to the huge diamond leaded window that would have filled the room with light if it hadn’t been shrouded in dust and some dark red velvet drapes that had seen better days. Out in the corridor the electricians and tech staff were hammering and cursing the ancient electrical wiring.
The afternoon light had already started to fade and fingers of frost were beginning to form at the corners of the window. A flicker of movement near the trees on the far side of the lawn caught her attention and she leaned forward, almost bumping her nose against the glass in her quest to see what it was.
Whatever or whoever she thought she’d seen had vanished and she relaxed back on her heels. Working as a presenter on Ghost UK had made her jumpy. Every dark corner now held the possibility of something spooky. In such a deserted spot it was unlikely that anyone would be outside in the grounds, especially in this freezing weather.
“Fae, darling, there you are!”
She turned around to see her producer, Tim, sweeping towards her. She pasted a fake smile on her lips when she saw he was accompanied by the owner of the house, Giles McGinty, Laird of Fingelly. She’d already met Giles when she’d arrived and her impressions hadn’t been favourable.
“Giles has invited us all to dinner tonight before we start filming. Isn’t that marvellous?” Tim raised his eyebrows at her.
“That’s very kind.” Fae was quick enough to pick up the signal.
Giles smiled at her, his gaze lingering just a fraction of a second too long on her bust before raising his gaze to her face. “The pleasure is all mine. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all better before the filming.”
She suppressed a shudder as his dark eyes locked on her face. “John and I will look forward to it.”
Buy the book on Amazon UK HERE

Buy the book on Amazon.com HERE

About Nell Dixon;

I’m Nell, and I was born and continue to live in a small area of the UK known as the Black Country. Happily married to the same man for over twenty-five years, we have three beautiful daughters, a tank of tropical fish and a cactus called Spike. During the day I work for a disabilities charity in my local community.

In my spare time I enjoy travelling with my family in our touring caravan and exploring the countryside. I have a passion for cathedral architecture and historic buildings. I also enjoy walking, gardening and art.

Ever since I can remember I’ve loved stories and books, both reading and writing them. My first poem was published by a local paper when I was thirteen, since then I’ve had several poems published and was first runner up a few years ago in a national short story competition. I’ve also had several non-fiction articles published in professional journals.

Writing romance remains my first love and I write the kinds of stories that I love to read. My publishers to date include: Myrmidon, Little Black Dress, Samhain Publishing, Moonlit Romance, By Grace, Freya's Bower, D C Thompson, and E-Scape Press. I am also proud to say that I was the winner of the RNA’s
Romance Prize in 2007 with my book Marrying Max, and Love Story of the year in 2010 with Animal Instincts.

Click HERE to visit Nell's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment